Why do you bug me so much about using lotion??!!
Well here is why!
There are several reasons having a high quality “Indoor” tanning lotion is important when trying to achieve that deep dark tan! Here are some of them:….
- Keep your skin moisturized — When tanning, your skin becomes dehydrated from the heat and light. Using an indoor tanning lotion will not only improve your tan — because moist skin tans much better than dry skin — but it will also improve your skin by making it softer and less likely to form wrinkles as quickly as dry skin.
- Save you time & money — Using indoor tanning lotions will accelerate your tan, so you will end up with a deeper, darker tan a lot quicker. This will save you time and money since you won’t have to tan as often.
- Make your tan last longer — By keeping your skin hydrated with an indoor tanning lotion, your skin will avoid peeling, so your tan will last longer.
- Provide nutrients & vitamins to your skin — Indoor tanning lotions tend to contain lots of helpful ingredients that nourish your skin, making it softer and healthier.
- Reduce dry skin — Indoor tanning lotions help to reduce the drying affects of the UV rays. Anti-aging ingredients in these lotions can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and premature aging of your skin.
- Even out your tan — By hydrating your skin with indoor tanning lotions, your tan will be more even.
- Enhance your tan — Using an indoor tanning lotion on a regular basis can help to enhance the tone of your natural tan and give you that great glow.
- Avoid that “after-tan” odor — Most people experience a smell after tanning that is caused from the bacteria on your skin getting hot from the tanning bed. Many indoor tanning lotions have an anti-bacterial ingredient that will eliminate that odor. Indoor tanning lotions are also fragrance with hundreds of different scents, so you can choose your favorite.
- Develop your tan even after you leave the tanning bed — Some indoor tanning lotions have tan enhancing agents. That way, you don’t stop tanning after you leave the tanning bed. Instead, your tan continues to develop for hours later — which is another reason to wait 2 hours before showering.
- Prevent burning — Although most indoor tanning lotions do not contain SPF, using an indoor tanning lotion can help prevent sunburns since it will keep your skin moisturized.
- Q: What are lotions that contain bronzer?
A: Bronzer products use self tanning ingredients to supplement tanning results with an additional boost of color while your natural tan develops. The key ingredient is DHA (Dihydroxyacetone), which causes the skin surface to turn brown after 2-4 hours, mimicking a natural tan.
Q: Why use a product with bronzer?
A: A natural tan takes about 24-48 hours to develop. Therefore, a product that contains a bronzer is an excellent way to get a boost of color while a natural tan develops. Clients with a fair complexion or who want to see results immediately will enjoy the instant gratification of seeing bronzed results 2-4 hours after application. Bronzing products are also beneficial for evening out both skin tone and tanning results and can help maintain a healthy-looking, bronzed glow in between tanning sessions. Just remember these simple rules when using a bronzer; wash your hands after putting it on, and wait at least 2-4 hours (so it can soak in to your skin completely) before excessive sweating, bathing, or hopping it to any body of water.
- What is a “Tan Extender”?
A: Tan extenders are specialized lotions designed to lengthen the life of your tan. They are made to replenish your skin with some of the moisture, nutrients and vitamins that you may lose while tanning, so they are the best tanning bed lotions to use following your sessions or whenever you need a boost of moisture.